We will be meeting at all our usual times & locations on Sunday 15 October, but make sure you check your route to church as many roads are closed and some public transport services are not running.
It is possible to reach both the Vondelkerk & Thomaskerk.
Check the route map for closed roads and crossing points (yellow connector symbols and green arrows show crossing points).
Cycle via the Piet Kranenbergpad to get to:
- Vondelkerk: from south of the Stadionweg/Churchill-laan
- Thomaskerk: from West
Disruption for the following services:
- Tram lines 5, 14 and 24 do not run until 6 p.m.
- Tram lines 1, 2, 3, 4, 12, 19 run with a diversion or shortened route until 6 p.m.
- Bus lines 62 and 65 do not run until 6 p.m.
- Bus lines 15, 22, 37, 40 and 41 run with a diversion until 6 p.m.
- All Connexxion bus lines that run to the center via the Amstelveenseweg go via the A10 to the Jan van Galenstraat and Marnixstraat to Elandsgracht bus station.
- At Amstelveenseweg metro station you can only get off until 6 p.m. and not get on metro 50 and 51 in either direction. You can use Station Zuid for metro 50, 51, 52, NS trains, bus and tram.
Check your route on 9292 or the gvb app.
Check the route map to see which roads are closed. Gemeente Amsterdam has also published some helpful information regarding the road closures: amsterdam.nl/en/news/amsterdam-marathon
Vondelkerk (9.30 & 11.00)
Reaching the Vondelkerk by car should not be a problem when approaching from the west (Overtoom).
According to the route map, the Thomaskerk is difficult to access by car. However, being near the start of the route these roads should be reopened by the afternoon (the last starter group is at 9.30 and streets will be reopened to traffic again about 30 minutes after the last participant has passed). Parking in the area may be more difficult than usual though.